Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Moments of Zen & funny kid sayings!

I think it's from the Kung Fu Panda game but one night at dinner, I was trying to get Carter to calm down and this is what he did followed by the Oooohmmmm sound and deep breaths. He did it so many times, I snuck away to get my camera. Of course Leah wasn't going to be left out of the fun so she started too. Funny sayings the kids have had lately:
  1. When asking Leah which new pictures I should get printed in black and white to replace the old ones in the picture frames she responded, "Mom, I'm only 7, I've never been any older!"
  2. Carter has been getting scared of the dark more lately and if you walk up behind the guy he'll jump and say, "You're really freaking me out!"
  3. In Carter's prayers, he randomly throws in things that he's thankful for. Lately we've heard he's thankful for walruses, toilets, reindeer that can fly, and Jesus doing or not doing any number of things. Tonight he held maraca's while he said the prayer and shook them up high any time he mentioned something about Jesus or the Spirit. Leah & I were bent over laughing so hard we each got a whack on the head from a maraca before he closed the prayer. :)
  4. When asked why Leah had told a lie about not bringing all her homework home to do she said, "I didn't want you to be mad." My response was, "I wouldn't be mad, we'd just need to do the homework but I wouldn't be mad about it." She said, "Yeah but I didn't want to do all that homework." :)
  5. Carter has started saying that I can't kiss him as much as I do. He says, "No kissy, kissy...only huggy, huggy!" To which my reply is usually tickle torture followed by hugs and kisses. Until the boy can stop me, he's gettin' kisses!
  6. Leah's been working on talking nicer to me so when we were looking in the mirror together and she mentioned how long her hair was getting I agreed and said that about my own hair too. With as much as she could restrain her attitude she thought for a second and commented, "Yeah, I bet an ant would think your hair was really long. It would take a year for an ant to climb my hair though."
  7. Carter couldn't explain what he wanted to order from Arby's drive through so he unbuckled, got out of the truck, went up to the sign, and pointed at the picture. I just giggled as the confused people behind us saw me getting him back in the truck and buckled so we could move on. Oh, by the way the mozzerella sticks are good!
  8. Leah was talking about how she's excited to get the Gift of the Holy Ghost when she gets baptized this year and how she just feels empty until that happens. I told her she's not empty inside, she has her Spirit that's why she's so smart and funny. She said, "Well Heavenly Father made me funny, He did!" To that I agreed and laughed.

2 comments:

Q said...

Such cute kids, and they say even cuter things. We sure had fun with you all last weekend...we should do it again soon!

Leo said...

I love you how do so good at keeping track/remembering the funny things Leah and Carter say. They are such characters. Can't wait to see you in a few days. I am counting down!!! As N.T would say, 1..2..5...10!!!