Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My AZ fix & trip with Dad week

Oh how I miss the sunshine, so when Cade mentioned he'd be a day and a half in northern AZ, I said, "Can I come?" So we kept Leah out of school for a week and took off. We got to be in Anthem for a quick 24 hours, (long enough to see lots of awesome people, outlet shopping, and to try to get the secret recipes from Dara Thai). Then toured around southern Utah and Colorado while Cade set up shows for his sales teams. Plus, I re-read Twilight right before the premier so it was a great trip and the kids were awesome.First sign of snow and the kids want to play in it.
So there's a mini snowball fight outside the hotel.
Colorado is gorgeous! I wouldn't want to drive these windy roads in a snow storm but seeing the wind whisk the snow off the tops on a sunny day was fantastic!

"You wanna piece of me?"

This is the picture after being warned that playing in the snow in her flip-flops won't be fun. She walked quite a way in and then turned and said, "It's freezing, come get me out of here!" We are cruel parents and made her stand there for this beautiful picture. :)

No comments: