Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sea World! It makes me cry! Beware this is long.

We started out our Sea World experience with feeding the dolphins. Carter wouldn't do it but Leah and I got some good pets and feeding time. Look closely in the next ones and you can see us doing that.
Flamingo's on parade.
At the Sea Lion / Otter Show, Carter got picked out by the opening pantomime act. He pretended like there really was something that got put in and taken out of his head. I couldn't believe what a good sport he was and the mime was really good.
He giggled and held his hand to his head all the way back to sit with us, like he was stopping the bleeding or something. Very cute! Shamu, Shamu! This show actually made me cry. It was so well-done and high-tech, I was moved to tears. Plus, being there with my little kids...magic. :)
Ok, this Sesame Street, 3-D, interactive movie was AWESOME!!! We had gushes of wind, water sprayed on us, chairs vibrate, and more. I think I was more of the kid during this one for sure. I could've gone right back in to do it again.
This is as close as we could get Carter to touching anything that day. I even had one of those wonderful Mom moments where I was like "This is fun and you're going to experience this mister!" I snapped out of it quickly though.
If you look closely at the sign it says "Please don't take the starfish out of water." We didn't read that until after the picture was taken. We got to pet so many things, it was awesome. Leah is very brave in these situations. The sting ray literally came out of the water and inches from her face and she didn't even flinch. She would've kissed the thing. :)
Carter's favorite part of the day, besides getting a Sea World sword, was the shark tank. You start out looking at them from above and slowly move through an in tank tunnel where they can swim over you. Pretty cool and eery at the same time. No cute little penguins or petting starfish, just show him a shark. :)
We ended the wonderful day with the rides and playground area. It was a magical day and I would love to do it again anytime.

No comments: